This guide is for engineers who are unfamiliar with temperature sensing technology to give a good starting place to help solve your temperature related problems.
This design guide covers:
- Different temperature sensing technologies
- Decision making criteria
- Common sensing techniques
- How to use temperature sensors
- Choosing the right sensor for your problem
Alternatively you can view our Thermocouple and Resistance Thermometer product pages for detailed information on all types and designs of temperature sensors.
Designing a Temperature Sensor
This guide is split into three sections:
- Data Requirements - What temperature is being measured and how accurate do you need to measure?
- Economic Considerations - How much are you willing to spend and how long do you want the sensor to last?
- Application Considerations - Process environment and how it affects sensor design